MOCCASIN SIZES AND SOLES
What size moccasins do I buy?
In our 35-plus years in business selling Minnetonka Moccasins, we have found that most customers purchase moccasins in their regular shoe size.
If you wear a half size shoe: When you find a style you like and notice it is available only in full sizes, our rule of thumb is to go down the half size. Most of the styles offered in full sizes are made with very soft, supple, and giving leathers. Many customers that have shopped in our store state they buy their moccasins, especially the Moosehide and Deerskin, to "fit like a glove", finding that they will give in just the right places to offer them an unparalleled feel and comfort.
In lined moccasins, which come only in full sizes, we suggest going up the half size.
Of course, we can not guarantee that following these recommendations will result in a perfect fit — only that they work for the vast majority of our customers.
What is a Soft Sole moccasin?
When this term is used, the moccasin shown basically has no sole stitched or glued to the bottom of the moccasin. The moccasin is one entire piece of leather. This type of moccasin usually has a heel-to-toe cushioned insole. They are extremely comfortable (that barefoot feeling). These styles can be worn outside but will of course not last as long as the same type of moccasin with a hard sole.
What is a Double Bottom Soft Sole?
The double bottom soft sole moccasin has an additional layer of leather sewn on the bottom of the moccasin. This provides greater durability and added comfort.
What is a Crepe Sole?
The crepe sole is a durable lightweight foam rubber type sole which is attached to the bottom of the leather outsole.
What is a Boat Sole?
A boat sole is a flexible rubber (dock sider) type sole which is attached to the bottom of the outsole.
What Type of Care do my Moccasins Need?
Minnetonka footwear grows more comfortable with wear, and as with most classics, a little patina only adds to their timelessness. But while their style will always endure, an essential component to their longevity is proper care. You will find that your moccasins do not require any more attention or care that any other shoe. Most customers, if they decide to take any special care, simply spray them with a leather, rain and stain repellent. The spray protectant will not affect the color of the moccasin (when you initially spray the moccasin it may appear to darken the leather and sheepskin styles but they will return to their original color when dry).
Smooth or Grain Cowhide – A cream shoe polish will protect your leather’s smooth finish.
Suede Leather – Prevent water spots and oil stains with Scotchgard™ protector. Simply spray on and allow two hours to dry. We recommend two applications for first-time use, then weekly or monthly treatments depending on how often the footwear is worn.
Deerskin & Moosehide – Choose a delicate leather cream to clean and preserve your leather’s soft, supple texture.
Sheepskin – A mild detergent (Woolite™ not recommended) or hair shampoo with cool water can be used to spot clean. For difficult spots, use a soft brush. Hand-blot as much moisture as possible, then dry away from direct sunlight or heat to preserve the natural oils. Submerging sheepskin may shrink your leather and matt the hair; however, after a few wearings, the sheepskin will stretch back to its original size.
Leather Laces – The natural oils and attributes of leather cause laces to easily untie. Tips to keep them laced: Once your footwear is broken in, adjust your lacing to a perfect fit, then soak the bow (not the whole shoe) in water. Let them dry naturally, shrinking the leather slightly, and your laces will remain tied. You can also apply a small drop of Super Glue® underneath your bow’s knot for extra security.
What about spot cleaning?
Spot cleaning usually can be done with a mild detergent and water. Try a dab of liquid detergent on a damp cloth and rub in with circular motions. Rinse cloth, wipe excess soap off the moccasin and let air dry. In extreme cases suede moccasins can be washed in the washing machine on gentle cycle. Do not put them in the dryer, let them air dry instead with something placed inside the moccasin so it will retain its shape.
100% plus 10%
LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
If you find a lower price at a competitors website on a new identical item, place your order with us and email us a copy of the competitors ad or the web address of the internet pages so we can check it out. If you prefer, you can give us a call at our toll free number 1-866-317-2975. We’ll give you 100% of the difference (match the lower price) plus an extra 10% of the difference as our way of thanking you for bringing the lower price to our attention.
Here's how it works
– Say you find the same new item we have priced at $100.00, selling for $90.00 on the website of a competitor that is an authorized retaiier of Minnetonka Moccasin products. We’ll match the $90.00 price (100% of the difference) and take off an additional $1.00 for a total lowest price of $89.00. All we ask for is reasonable proof of the offer. It’s that simple. If your order is eligible for free shipping and our competitor does not offer free shipping, we will compare our price plus free shipping ($7.95 value) vs. their selling price and shipping costs. Call us at 1-866-317-2975 or email with any questions.
Our 7 day price-match guarantee is good on all of our Minnetonka products. The item must be in stock and available for purchase at that price from a company (excluding auction sites, wholesale or membership clubs) located in the U.S. who is authorized by Minnetonka to sell their product.
Item must be identical
– For example, it must have the same U.S. manufacturers warranty. It must also have the same style number and contain the same components. All items must be available in the same style, size and color that is on MoccasinsUSA.com.
– MoccasinsUSA.com reserves the right to verify another company’s product availability and price before issuing a price-match guarantee. Computer screen shots are not acceptable proof of a competitors price (please send us the web address) - the lower price must be accurate and live on a competitors site at the time of the price-match.
– If another company offers a product that comes with a free or discounted item and MoccasinsUSA.com does not carry the free or discounted item, there will be no price-match. For example, if another company offers a free product with the purchase of a pair of moccasins, and the MoccasinsUSA.com price is equal to the other company’s price for the moccasins, there will be no price match if MoccasinsUSA.com does not carry the free product being offered.
– We may limit the quantity of an item that may be price matched. For example, if another company limit’s the number you may buy, we may also limit the number. In addition, MoccasinsUSA.com reserves the right to limit quantities sold to a customer.
We price match almost everything. We will only match prices from websites displaying the official "Minnetonka Moccasin authorized internet dealer" logo. We do not price-match grand opening, clearance, seasonal clearance, closeout, liquidation, items sold at wholesale/membership clubs or products sold on internet auction sites. We also don’t price-match typographical errors or any item or price that includes a rebate.
– Low Price Guarantee is only offered online and will not be honored at our retail location.
>CUSTOMER REWARDS PROGRAM
How do Rewards Points Accrue? You will receive 1 point for every dollar in net purchases at MoccasinsDirect.com
How are Rewards Points Redeemed? You are eligible to redeem rewards points once you have reached a minimum of 300 points. Rewards points can be redeemed for MoccasinsDirect gift certificates. Rewards points are updated after each purchase from MoccasinsDirect.com. Current point balance can be found in the " my account " section of our website.
300 points = $10 Gift Certificate
750 points = $25 Gift Certificate
1,500 points = $75 Gift Certificate
3,000 points = $100 Gift Certificate
When do Rewards Points Expire? Rewards points earned but not yet used to issue a gift certificate shall expire 3 years from the date of the last active purchase or when your account is closed.
Who is Eligible for the Rewards Program? When you set up a MoccasinsDirect account, you are automatically enrolled in our rewards program and will receive rewards points for net purchases made on MoccasinsDirect.com. You remain eligible to receive rewards points as long as your MoccasinsDirect.com account stays open.
Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions apply to a MoccasinsDirect.com rewards account
We reserve the right to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions or the Moccasinsdirect.com rewards program at any time and in any way (including our right to discontinue benefits or expire points, to change the benefits, or to adjust the number of points earned for each dollar in net purchases). We will give you notice if we discontinue this program or any material aspect of this program.
You are responsible for any tax liability related to your participation of the MoccasinsDirect.com Rewards Program.
MoccasinsDirect.com reserves the right to cancel your participation in MoccasinsDirect.com Rewards Points in the event of fraud, abuse of rewards privileges or violation of these terms and conditions.